Sunday, September 8, 2013

Urban Landscape Edited

IMG_11.jpg by cmahmh

IMG_11.jpg, a photo by cmahmh on Flickr.

"Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light."      Helen Keller

When I saw the beautiful, ornate lamps on the side of this dilapidated old building in downtown Toledo, I knew I had to get a shot of it. So many amazing details are hidden in plain site as these structures deteriorate with every passing year; details that just aren't important to today's contractors and architects.

This old lamp was photographed during the day and I seriously doubt that even if electricity still pulsed in its veins, it would even function. I wanted to take a step back in time and once again light the night through the magic of editing.

Using my 5 megapixel iPhone 4, I shot this photograph without flash around 7:00pm on a warm August evening. The photo is 1936x2592 which gives me about 5,018,112 pixels or about 5.01 megapixels. Once home, I strengthened the contrast and the saturation to bring out the natural colors already there and to bring a feeling of dusk. I cropped the photo to bring the focus directly onto the lamp. Using a filter, I brought back to life the light of yesterday.


No comments: