Thursday, October 31, 2013

Typography and Text-Based Art

Mikhail Baryshnikov


This image of Mikhail Baryshnikov, the famous Russian ballet dancer was created using GlassGiant's ASCII Art generator. I looked for a photograph that had a high contrast so that the photograph would come through more clearly. I feel this image accomplished that. My only gripe is for some reason my image was elongated once it was converted. I could see using this program again in the future.  

I added the color image below of my daughter when she was 6 years old. I wanted to show an image in color since I chose to use a black and white above. 













The previous 3 photographs were created using Text-Image. The first is a photograph of my sister when she was little. It is HTML and I used the word "sister" as my letters for creating this piece. The second is a picture of my oldest daughter and is done in ASCII. The third is a photograph I took in Williamsburg, VA and is done in Matrix. I think these programs are interesting and could be a lot of fun with the right photograph as a base.





I L-O-V-E Tagxedo and I expect I'll be using it again, often! If you can't tell, I created these two images of Mary Poppins using the line from her famous song, "A Spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down". I love the way it turned out and decided to make two! :)




No comments: